Top 5 Things to Remember when planning the Works Christmas Party
- Budget – First things first find out your budget there is no point trying to book the Ritz when all you can afford is a night at Weatherspoon’s. That being said, no matter what the budget to ensure you get the perfect party for your workplace choose what matters to you. If your work place is the type of place that values an extra couple of glasses of fizz over a three course menu opt for a cheaper alternative like a festive buffet or cancel the extra entertainment for an awards night instead put on by your co-workers with absolutely no extra cost.
- Choose the Venue and Pick a Date – when looking at venues it’s important to have a date in mind. Christmas is often the busiest time of year for most places so if you can be flexible with dates then you could just grab a bargain and if flexibility isn’t an option make sure you book early so you get the date you want! Venue is probably one of the most important aspects of Party Planning. To help make your decision easier think of the numbers, budget and entertainment. Can the venue fit the number of quests you have? Is it in your budget? And what do you want to happen are you looking for a dance floor, a stage or something completely different?
- Food and Drink – it’s VERY important! Think Christmas, think variety, think plenty! Try to pick a menu with a Vegetarian option, trust us it’ll save a lot of time later on. And font forget when people RSVP make sure you ask if they have any special dietary requirements this is super important not only to your guests but to the venue as well. And the food is only 50% of the decision making what about the drinks?! Most importantly, make sure you have a bit of something to suit everyone’s tastes just because you love a G&T doesn’t mean all your colleagues too. If you’re having a sit-down meal its usually expected you’ll have some wine on the table so think a selection of Red, White and Rose. Most places will offer drink offers or deals on house bottles so ask when booking there’s no harm in trying to grab yourself a bargain!
- Entertainment– to get the party in full swing its always wise to have some form of entertainment – whether it be a DJ and a dancefloor or even speeches, a staff party with no entertainment is usually a dull affair. These days everyone is looking for something different which they will remember, so be adventurous! One of the best parties we’ve ever hosted included a Drag Queen and a game of bingo!
- Invites – Don’t forget to give out the invites in plenty of time, the festive season is often jam packed with different commitments so make sure people pencil the date in the diary as soon as possible and get those RSVPs back there’s no point paying for food for 100 if only 50 can make it – that money could have gone on extras for those who are attending!
Why not book your Christmas Party at Mumbles Pier a unique Christmas Venue like no other! Enjoy a sit down meal or festive buffet in our Pavilion Café after which you can dance the night away on our Dance Floor or enjoy exclusive use of our arcade and bowling alley. Click here for our 2018 Christmas Brochure.